WHAT’S A TYPICAL SESSION LIKE?
These days I do most of my shoots at my house, on my front and back porch, using natural lighting and solid colored backgrounds. Street backgrounds and other, more naturalistic, diffused backgrounds are still available, and we can go on location if this is your preference. We can also mix it up and do both.
DO YOU PREFER SOLID COLORED BACKGROUNDS TO STREET BACKGROUNDS?
I prefer the solid colored backgrounds these days for a few reasons.
- The lighting at my house is pretty great at most hours of the day. If we shoot on location we either need to shoot in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid harsh shadows.
- Almost all casting is done online these days. The more distracting the background, the less it will pop online. Your shots need to have contrast between you and the background, and by taking into consideration what you are wearing and the colors that I have available for backgrounds, I can come up with some really great combinations that will really make you stand out online.
- It’s easier! You don’t have to change your clothes in the car and you can go to the bathroom as often as you like! I may also let you have a snack or make you coffee!
- It’s kinder to planet Earth if we don’t drive all over town.
All of that being said – there is some value in the street backgrounds.
- For very dramatic looks with a cinematic feel I have a wonderful location under a bridge that looks awesome, has beautiful glowing light, and still pops online.
- Sometimes it’s nice to mix it up and have more variety in your pictures.
- Sometimes your agent is not a fan of the solid backgrounds…we gotta listen to the agent!
HOW LONG DOES A SHOOT LAST?
The length of a shoot depends on how many looks a client is getting. It takes a maximum of 45 minutes for each look.
HOW MANY PICTURES WILL I GET?
Well, I take about 150-300 pictures per look, but you’ll only end up with 50-100.
WHY DO YOU TAKE SO MANYT PICTURES?
So you can relax and play! You are free to experiment. You are free to talk, dance, sing, jump, cry, kick, make pouty model lips, or just sit there and stare at the camera thinking dirty thoughts (I’ll never know). I erase all the bad photos so you just end up with the good ones.
Headshots need to capture the real “you,” not the “you” that’s worrying about how you’re coming across on camera. My goal in every shoot is to make you forget that the camera is there, so that you can be a real human being.
I’ll have a web-gallery ready for you within 2 business days.
Once you’ve picked your favorites I will do the retouching and email your retouched photos to you in 2-4 business days.
You’ll send your headshots out and BOOK LOTS OF GIGS! Then you’ll refer everyone you know to me and we’ll all be rich!
MORE FROM HAWKEY PHOTOS